Your booking is helping to protect the Scottish islands you love.
We designed our booking platform to connect with an ever-growing population of ethical travellers. Travellers just like you. Hungry for sustainable accommodations, authentic experiences and smart trip planning.
Tourism has the power to change the lives of islanders and our environments – for better or worse. In recent years we’ve witnessed skyrocketing visitor numbers and overwhelm in the local infrastructure, as well as ecosystems.
Tourism has the power to change the lives of islanders and our environments – for better or worse.
The issue begins when destinations solely focus on attracting more visitors, neglecting the bigger picture of long-term sustainability. Being a “destination” needs to benefit our island communities. Without the communities, there is no destination. Left unchecked tourism can be harmful to our existence and future.
We want to change the narrative from destination first, to community first. Put faces to places. The Scottish islands are not just empty wildernesses waiting to be discovered. They contain people and communities, steeped in heritage and personality. We know you understand that.
The Scottish islands are not just empty wildernesses waiting to be discovered. They contain people and communities, steeped in heritage and personality. We know you understand that.
Every booking allows us to tell the story of our awesome communities, our history, languages and culture, and even advise on the mobile signal and passing places. Not forgetting the hidden gems off the beaten track that only islanders know about and can share.
Travellers who book with us want to:
- Discover and explore Scotland’s incredible rural landscapes
- Learn the culture and history of the islands and their communities
- Support local producers
- Travel ethically and responsibly
They share common characteristics:
- Willingness to travel year-round, particularly outside the peak season
- A curiosity for local culture, language and music
- Disposable income
- An avid interest in sustainability and ethical consumerism
Their personal interests are likely to include:
- Hill walking
- A desire to learn Gaelic
- Researching family trees and heritage
- Curiosity for Celtic Saints
- Music fans of Tidelines, Runrig and Skipinnish
- Interest in local history and visiting museums, castles and places of interest
- Desire to escape the city, and enjoy a rural experience
They want to avoid:
- Overwhelm from attempting to navigate all the online booking platforms
- Visiting destinations under the pressures of mass tourism
They want to:
- Connect with islanders to plan a unique and inspirational trip
- Discover hidden secrets that only islanders know about
- Make a positive impact on local communities and their ecosystems
- Invest in the sustainable future of the islands with the money from their booking
- Meet new friends along the way.
If all that sounds familiar we’ve got you covered. We’re a one-stop-shop for booking accommodation and trip planning.
Start planning your adventure to the Scottish islands today!