Terms and Conditions for Property Owners and Managers
By listing with isleHoliday (hereafter may also be referred to as ‘us’, ‘we’), it will be assumed that you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions (hereafter ‘Terms’, ‘the Terms’), and as such agree to be bound by them.
Definition of Terms
- ‘Owner’, for the purposes of these Terms shall mean the individual whose name appears on the property’s Title Deeds. It is your responsibility to ensure that this information is up-to-date, and that your details are present and correct on the Land Register of Scotland. These obligations remain entirely with you as an owner and are in no way transferable to any third party, including isleHoliday or Isle Develop CIC.
- ‘Manager’ will refer to any person or persons who do not own the property in question, but may otherwise be responsible for the operation of the property as a holiday let. These responsibilities may include, but are not limited to; the management of bookings and reservations, handling of customer enquiries, keyholders or cleaning and changeover services.
What we do
- isleHoliday will advertise your property on our website and take bookings, deposits and payments on your behalf.
- At the point of booking, we will take and hold the 25% deposit. We will then pass this onto you within five business days, less our commission.
- We will collect the remaining balance 60 days before your guests arrive, to be held in a secure account. This balance will be payable to you at the end of the month your guests’ departure date falls in, via a Stripe account that will connect to your bank.
- Payment for bookings made within 60 days of arrival will be collected upfront, and paid to you at the end of the month as usual.
- Provide guests with useful local information through our website and resources.
- Issue you with a login for Bookster, so you can manage your property listing and set your rates. This includes calendar functionality, which will allow you to integrate isleHoliday with other platforms you use to automatically update your availability whenever you get a new booking.
- We will provide a payment gateway and cover the cost of this, as well as transaction processing fees.
- Provide insurance against liability and damages (see 5 below).
- Provide help and support through our user guides, or one on one via telephone or email if you need it.
What we don’t do
- Provide insurance on bookings that have not been made through us.
- Manage the day-to-day running of your property for you.
- Provide you with legal representation in the event of customer disputes.
- Provide any other insurances other than the specified cover (see 5 below) any further insurance cover you require is your own responsibility.
Regulations and Compliance
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the necessary permissions and licenses required to use your property as a short-term let.
- By accepting these Terms and listing your property with us, it will be assumed that you have the necessary permissions and are operating your rental business within your local regulatory framework.
- This shall include compliance with all electricity, gas, water and fire safety measures, in addition to any Government or Local Authority guidance on COVID-19 measures and best practice.
- Thus, if any dispute should arise as a result of your noncompliance, you agree that you will absolve isleHoliday and Isle Develop CIC from any and all liability.
Cancellation by the Hirer
- In the event of a cancellation by the Hirer, more than 60 days before arrival, the 25% deposit will not be refunded.In the event of a cancellation by the Hirer fewer than 60 days but more than 30 days before the booking start date they will be eligible for a 50% refund only.
- In the event of a cancellation by the Hirer fewer than 30 days before the booking start date they will not be entitled to a refund.5.1.2. Cancellation insurance is not included in the booking fee and the Owner and the Agent strongly recommend the Hirer take out holiday cancellation insurance.
- Any bank fees for international transfers, incurred by the Agent or Owner as a result of refunding the Hirer, will be deducted from the refund amount due.
Cancellation by the Owner
- The Owner will endeavour to ensure that the Property is available for the dates booked.
- In the unlikely event the Property becomes unavailable and the Owner has to cancel the booking, the Agent will endeavour to find the Hirer and the Hirer's party suitable alternative accommodation (but cannot guarantee to provide an alternative, this is an act of goodwill subject to the Agent's capacity).
- The Agent and/or Owner shall be liable to return all monies paid by the Hirer. No compensation or consequential losses shall be paid.
- You are responsible for the payment of any and all taxes and fees incurred by your operation of the property or properties as a holiday let.
At isleHoliday, we provide insurance for bookings made through our platform - the cost of this is included in the commission we take.
- Our insurance gives protection against damage and liability, up to the value of £1,000,000. This cover is provided by Super Hog, and is subject to their Terms and Conditions, which include, but are not limited to the following;
- The property must match the online property listing in all fundamental areas (e.g. number of rooms, location and amenities)
- The property must be well maintained, in good condition and fully functional.
- The property undergoes an appropriate level of professional cleaning between each and every booking.
- The property must have valid and appropriate insurance in place, including insurers being aware of home sharing activity.
- The property must meet all local health and safety and legal requirements to have a guest to stay.
- The property must not have been the subject of any liability insurance claim or have had a booking cancelled or abandoned due to issues with the property.
- The cover we provide through SuperHog is not general Building Insurance; you should take this out separately. For more information about Building Insurance, you can visit this article by Which?, the UK’s Consumers’ Association.
- We do not provide cancellation insurance, but strongly advise our customers to take out a robust travel insurance policy. We strongly advise that you look into insurance for owners, due to the high likelihood of continued COVID-19 disruption.
- We recommend that you seek independent advice on Holiday Letting Insurance to ensure your property is covered, especially if you are using several booking platforms.
- By use of our website and services, you understand and accept their provision ‘as is’ and without warranty; either express or implied.
- We cannot and do not give any warranty, express or implied, in relation to our services.
- We cannot guarantee that
- our services will be available at any given time or location,
- that defects or errors will be remedied,
- that our services will be free of viruses or malware or (iv) that use of our services will meet your expectations.
- Your use of our website and services is entirely at your own risk.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law neither Isle Develop CIC, nor any of our employees, contractors or Directors shall be liable to you for any loss of profit or revenue; or for any consequential, incidental, indirect, special or punitive damages arising from connection with our website or these Terms.
Disputes with Isle Develop CIC
Changes to the Terms
We may update these Terms from time to time. If we believe that the changes are material, we will let you know by posting the changes through and/or sending you an email or message about the changes. That way you can decide whether you want to continue using the Services. Changes will be effective upon the posting of the changes unless otherwise specified. You are responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any changes. Your use of the Services following the changes constitutes your acceptance of the updated Terms.
The Terms, including all of the policies that make up the Terms, supersede any other agreement between you and Isle Develop CIC regarding our services. If any part of the Terms is found to be unenforceable, that part will be limited to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms will otherwise remain in full force and effect. Our failure to enforce any part of the Terms is not a waiver of our right to later enforce that or any other part of the Terms. We may assign any of our rights and obligations under the Terms.
Last updated: 08.12.2021